- 2008-11-11 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- KDE 4.1.3 update for F-9/F-10
- desktop user guide (jreznik)
- backports: systray (jreznik)
- possible kde spin additions: liveusb-creator
- upcoming events: FUDCon11, CampKDE
- recent bugs:
- #469452: akregator crashs on startup with an imported feeds.opml (marked as fixed by upstream (1, 2)
- #471022: Can't hide akregator by clicking systray icon (marked as fixed by upstream in 4.1.3, patch for 4.1.2)
KDE 4.1.3 update for F-9/F-10
- KDE 4.1.3 will be included in the next push to Fedora 9 updates-testing-newkey.
- The work for F10 will start now and KDE 4.1.3 will be provided as a 0-day update.
Desktop User Guide
- JaroslavReznik has posted a first draft.
- The remaining topics will be delegated on #fedora-kde after the meeting.
- According to JaroslavReznik his backport is crashing with missing symbols due to changes in libplasma.
- So we will wait for KDE 4.2 and avoid a backport then.
Possible KDE spin additions: liveusb-creator
- The proposed addition liveusb-creator has already been included in the KDE live images since Snapshot2.
- But there would be enough space for more proposals. Currently the spins are at 678 megs for i686 and 683 megs for x86_64.
Upcoming events: FUDCon11, CampKDE
- RexDieter asked if any KDE SIG member will attend one of them.
- Unfortunately both events are too far away for most of the KDE SIG members.
#469452: akregator crashes on startup with an imported feeds.opml:
- Short summary: akregator will crash on startup when expiry is enabled.
- We'll try to backport the upstream fixes and include them in f10-final.
#471022: Can't hide akregator by clicking systray icon:
- Short summary: clicking on akregator's systray icon doesn't minimize akregator when it's already visible.
- This is fixed in kdepim 4.1.3 which will be provided as a 0-day update.
- If the fix is only trivial it will be backported to the version in f10-final.
- KDE related classroom:
(These comments are written after the meeting)