- 2008-12-09 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- KDE 4.1.4 (being tagged on 10th Dec)
- kopete-cryptography status
- kde-redhat/unstable kde-4.1.80 f10 builds
- rawhide: 4.1.82, kdebindings, kde-l10n
- kpackagekit, broken deps, bug #475303
- package wishlist: libmsn
- KDE4 #fedora-classroom session
- recent bugs:
- krunner (aka minicli aka Alt+F2) not remembering typed commands between sessions
- KDE 4.1.4 is scheduled to be tagged tomorrow, but KDE's release engineers are considering a delay.
- When it is finally tagged the work will start to provide updates for F9 and F10.
- Also the relevant bits in F8 will get an update.
krunner (aka minicli aka Alt+F2) not remembering typed commands between sessions:
- This happens in KDE 4.1 and is reported to be fixed in KDE 4.2
- Further investigations are needed to see what needs to be fixed.
- kopete-cryptography wasn't able to handle some encrypted messages
- JaroslavReznik has provided patches for this issue so the initial package will come soon.
kde-redhat/unstable kde-4.1.80 f10 builds:
- RexDieter rebuilt all KDE 4.1.80 rpms for kde-redhat-unstable repository.
- Some other packages with broken deps were rebuild, too (mostly plasma related packages).
- Also an unnofficial, unbranded live image will probably be provided.
rawhide: 4.1.82, kdebindings, kde-l10n:
- The initial import of KDE 4.1.82 into rawhide has started.
- This is just a weekly snapshot and the benefits of this could be short-time fixes.
- But newer snapshots (besides official Betas or RCs) will likely only be included if there is enough free time (and will).
- Support for ruby and smoke is currently broken and disabled in kdebindings.
- Although there are no packages using this at the moment, KevinKofler will try to fix these issues.
- Also kde-l10n is currently not building. But in this case there is no time pressure for fixing it and so updated packages likely won't be released soon.
kpackagekit, broken deps, bug #475303
package wishlist: libmsn:
- libmsn is needed for MSN support in KDE 4.2's kopete.
- This would be a good start for new KDE-SIG-Member who are needing sponsorship.
KDE4 #fedora-classroom session:
(These comments are written after the meeting)