- 2009-11-10 14:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- Hello Chissini de Castro
- topics to discuss:
- Celebration of F12 going gold
- Status of KDE 4.3.3
- Features for F13
Celebration of Fedora 12 going GOLD:
- The KDE-SIG celebrated the gold status of Fedora 12.
- With Hello Chissini de Castro a new KDE-SIG member was introduced.
- He has been working for Connectiva/Mandriva for over 10 years and is also a KDE developer for a long time.
Status of KDE 4.3.3:
- KDE 4.3.3 is imported into CVS for F10 and F11, work on F12 is ongoing.
- (Existing) Extragear for KDE 4.3.3 packages will follow when buildroot is ready.
- KDE 4.3.3 will be the last update for F10 which will EOL soon.
Features for F13:
- KDE related features and their owners for Fedora 13:
- phonon/pulseaudio integration (KevinKofler)
- knetworkmanager (RexDieter)
- polkit-1 in KDE (JaroslavReznik)
- Firefox/OpenOffice.org integration in KDE (LukasTinkl)
- Prepare a wiki page outlining KDE features in F13 to work on (LukasTinkl) (SIGs/KDE/F13Features)
- SebastianVahl proposed a splitting of KDE packages as a possible Feature for F13.
- Splits could be done on a per-app basis or a split out of the "popular" packages.
- First pros/cons were discussed in the meeting:
- more control over the installed packages (+)
- better support for a minimal runtime for small targets (like netbooks) (+)
- huge increase of metadata to download (--)
- more work for packagers (-)
- more complexity for users (-)
- SebastianVahl will prepare a wiki page with pros/cons and a documentation of the splitting already done as a basis for further discussions.