Python Special Interest Group
A SIG for people who are interested in Python on Fedora. This includes packaging and optimizing the various Python 2 and Python 3 runtimes (CPython, Jython), packaging libraries and applications, setting and improving standards for packaging them as RPMs and maintaining Python packages for Fedora.
Mailing List: [python-devel]
IRC: #fedora-python on irc.freenode.net
Dave Malcolm: interested in core Python runtimes and low-level implementation details
Python packages awaiting review
- python-bunch -- a dict class with attribute style lookup
- python-simplegeneric -- Simple generic functions (similar to Python's own len(), pickle.dump(), etc.)
- pypy - An alternate python interpreter written in a subset of python. The interpreter has better memory use than CPython and speed is closing in on Cpython. The JIT'd version is faster than CPython in many benchmarks. It is growing the ability to load CPython extension modules in the near future (work presently done on a branch).
- Chandler PIM
- itools - A python library that includes several useful tools, such as an ODF anonymizer that can be used to sanitize confidential documents before attaching them tp bug reports
- Pyjamas web toolkit
- python-multiprocessing - multiprocessing backport useful for EL-5
- repoze.profile - WSGI profiling middleware
- tgscheduler - TurboGears scheduler