From the SXSW website:
SXSW® Interactive features five days of compelling presentations from the brightest minds in emerging technology, scores of exciting networking events hosted by industry leaders, the incredible new SXSW Trade Show and an unbeatable lineup of special programs showcasing the best new digital works, video games and innovative ideas the international community has to offer. Join us for the most energetic, inspiring and creative event of the year, taking place March 11-15, 2010 in Austin, Texas.
We'd like some North American members of the Fedora Design team to network and mingle at this event. Note that Diana Martin is attending to present her findings from the Fedora anthropological study as well.
When and Where
- Interactive conference March 11-15, 2011 Austin Convention Center TX USA
- Tradeshow March 14-17, 2011 Austin Convention Center TX USA
- "The four-day trade show celebrates and encourages the creative and technical sharing between the film, interactive and music industries while permitting all of the 35,000 sxsw registrants (platinum, gold, film, interactive & music) access every day."
- electric is approx $80 per drop
- a wired internet connection is $400
- there is free wi-fi
- we are offering a 20% discount off the listed rates if booked and paid by september 24, 2010 - making the cost of a 10x10 with pd just $1600
- it comes with 2 exhibitor passes (these grant access to the trade show only) and 1 platinum badge.
- additional badges may be purchased for the lowest rates that we sell them for ($900 for platinum or $450 for interactive) through nov. 12.
- dvds, stickers and flyers are all great to distribute from your stand. the only restrictions apply if you are giving out food or illegal materials :).
- Booth: $1600
- Electric drop for booth: $80
- Wired internet connection for booth: $400
- Platinum pass (Mo or Emily): Free
- Interactive pass (Mo or Emily): $450
- 2 exhibitor passes (One for Spot, one for ?): Free
- Airfare (Emily): ~$483 (CHS<=>AUS guesstimate, kayak.com, AA)
- Airfare (Mo): ~$260 (Delta on kayak.com)
- Airfare (Spot): ~$260 (Delta on kayak.com)
- Hotel (Mo & Emily): $677
- Clarion Inn & Suites, 31 Aug 2010 on kayak.com, 2200 S. IH-35 Austin, TX 78704, United States +1 512 444 0561 www.clarionhotel.com, $98 + $15 tax / night for 6 nights
- Hotel (Spot & ?): $677
- Fedora USB creation
- Talk at one of the ancillary events (submissions already closed for main event)
|Registration Deadline||* Máirín Duffy||24 Sep 2010|