Summer Coding 2010 proposal - CHASM-mfm
- My name is Matt Mooney
- My email address is email@example.com
- My wiki username is mfm
- My IRC nickname is _mfm_
- My wiki page is https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=User:mfm
- My primary language is English
- Location, and what hours tend to work: California, USA. 13:00-3:00 GMT-7
- I am a developer coding mainly in c/c++, of course I can do scripting too. I tend to spend my time studying operating systems, namely, the Linux Kernel. I have a few trivial patches in the kernel already, with a couple more in Andrew Morton's tree awaiting the merge window. Recently I made significant documentation changes to one of the kbuild docs, which should also be in the next merge. I also have attempted to fix a few bugs in other projects that I have experienced; however, after downloading the repository and checking the log, I have so far been a few days or weeks too late.
I am an open source enthusiast and would love to contribute to more projects. Fedora is one of the distributions I use, and is currently the distribution I install on all of my non-technical friends systems to get them to switch to open source.
About the Project
CHASM, the Cryptographic-Hash-Algorithm-Secured Mirroring solution. The idea is mentor suggested .
I would be responsible for the implementation of an application-level protocol designed by the project creators, along with any insight I could provide. The new protocol will facilitate the efficient communication between all nodes in the system and provide a specification for node interaction.