Revision as of 22:05, 17 February 2009
Time for a restructure?
Now that the range of Eee PC models includes a variety of different hardware should we restructure this page so that there are separate sections for each 'family'? The current structure clearly made sense when just the 700 series existed, and possibly when the 900 came alone, but mixing information about somewhat different 901/1000 models in with the rest makes the document hard to follow and potentially causes confusion.
My suggestion for the new structure would be five top level sections headings of 'Introduction', 'News', '700 series', '900' and '901/1000 series', or something like that. Then within each model family section we reproduce roughly the structure of the current document, i.e. a summary of the current state support under Fedora, then specific sections on ACPI, Wifi, etc. Tips and recommendation could go in family specific sections or in a general section, depending on what's most appropriate.
I'm prepared to do the major edits to set up the new document structure myself, but before doing so I obviously want to know whether the other contributors to this page agree with the idea. So, what do you think?
--Hotdog 03:43, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
- Approve I'd love to see some additional testing of everything, too. --Ian Weller 04:21, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
- Approve Sure, nice idea. Kernel 2.6.27 (with all new stuff for eeepc) is incoming, it's time to clean up this page :) --Carlo Raudino
- Approve Good idea. Go ahead! --Duli
Firefox vs Epiphany
On Fedora 10, powertop reports less idle activity for Firefox than for Epiphany.
Eee Pc page restructure..
Hotdog did the suggest...but NOTHING moved in these months...so I decided to start the work..
- cleaned the page
- removed all the old quirks and tricks
- added new layout for ordering data for series
- added some instructions for lxde desktop install
Please help me in improving this page... it's orphaned..
--Carloraudino 19:11, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
- I think you removed too much. For example "Screen is off after resume" and the ucview information were worth keeping IMHO. --Rathann 17:39, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
We should always reintegrate it.... it's a wiki so it's easy to get old instructions... the old page was clearly too much confusing and unuseful.. --Carloraudino 19:11, 16 February 2009 (UTC)