- please provide Release Notes section for this Feature (it does not have to be the final one but it would be good to have at least some draft there)
- Good point. Done. Stefw 13:40, 16 July 2012 (UTC)
- is there a some kind of cooperation between you and Firewalld guys?
- I've forwarded this to Tomas Woerner, but haven't heard back. Once we do have a dynamic firewall by default (so so that when services start then the firewall is opened, according to policy) then we can migrate the avahi service to use the dynamic firewall. Stefw 13:40, 16 July 2012 (UTC)
- do you think it makes sense to extend this feature to cover also the rest of Fedora desktops?
- Yes, it makes sense for the other spins if they use Avahi from the desktop and need it working out of the box. Stefw 13:40, 16 July 2012 (UTC)
- What exactly are you intending to change and how? If this is mainly about the default firewall settings, shouldn't the firewall just trust Avahi by default, rather than implementing this per spin? --Kkofler 16:07, 17 July 2012 (UTC)
- Discussed that with Thomas Woerner, avahi startup would open the firewall (as long as policy allows it) when starting avahi, and then close it when stopping the avahi service.