--Akozumpl 14:08, 15 June 2012 (UTC) :
- package maintainers who try to test their updated package works now should do that twice, in the regular and in the offline mode.
- can we get examples of packages that don't update through the regular process and reasons why not?
- how do people update problematic packages from terminal/non-gnome envs?
- is there a chance packaging will become more sloppy after this feature is live and we will se increase in a number of packages requiring the offline mode for non-legit reasons?
- "Note that this feature does not prevent you from using yum to install updates whenever you want to. We also differentiate updates of 'OS components' (which we want to do in this offline fashion) from application updates and installations, which should still be possible from the UI without restarting the system. " I thought Firefox was a driver for this change: is that counted that as an OS component or an application?