US Federal Law
The sentence "If it violates United States federal law, it cannot be included in Fedora." made me wonder: why "US federal law" instead of "US law"? This could use some clarification (maybe a link to a small page). I changed this part to contain an empty link so anyone who could elaborate on why it has to conform to US federal law, and maybe how this is enforced.
P.S. I am a European citizen and just don't have enough knowledge of US-law.
Truecrypt license troubles
Currently I use truecrypt to encrypt private data. Reading the section on truecrypt spawns many questions. The main two issues are:
- What is wrong with the license?
- Maybe a pointer to the discussion or a summary of the discussion is in order
- What alternatives could (easily) replace truecrypt?
- Would it be possible to spawn a new truecrypt and have a different license?
- For instance could someone change it to being GPL-ed?
- Or is that one of the problems?