Rough Draft Slogan for new Spins Page (Adam)
Fedora Xfce: Simple, free, fast.
Rough Draft Verbage for new Spins Page (Adam)
The Xfce Spin is a high-quality Xfce centric environment explored through Fedora. The goals put forth by the Fedora Xfce Special Interest Group are realized here by creating a full featured desktop experience for all users who are looking for something different. Inherited from the upstream project, the Fedora Xfce Spin embodies the traditional UNIX philosophy of modularity and re-usability. It consists of a number of components that together provide the full functionality of the desktop environment. The Xfce spin is also complimented with hand picked applications that the Xfce Special Interest Group feel are a best fit for the over all user productivity and usability. Focused on bringing together Fedora's innovative outlook of tomorrow while keeping the traditional UNIX philosophy alive with an unique Spin.
The Xfce Spin showcases the lightweight, fast, fully featured Xfce Desktop. Xfce embodies the traditional UNIX philosophy of modularity and re-usability. The Xfce spin includes the Thunar file manager, midori web browser, Orage calendar, ristretto image viewer, claws-mail Email client, mousepad editor, and many versitile plugins. The clean quick interface of the Xfce desktop lets you get more done faster.
Some random thoughts:
* Not sure if it's clever to mention the Xfce SIG in the first sentence cause people might not even know what it is. If we mention it, there should be at least one sentence as introduction, something like https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Xfce#Fedora.27s_Xfce_SIG or https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Xfce#Mission * I especially like one sentence that Kevin wrote: "The clean quick interface of the Xfce desktop lets you get more done faster." This should really be in the text! Somebody nagged me to tried KDE again after years, so I wasted a few hours today and not I know what I'm talking about. ;) * It would be nice to have the quote of Olivier Fourdan from the Xfce homepage somewhere. I mean, he's a Red Hat employee and we could (ab)use this to show how cool RH and Fedora are. * We should list name some applications and provide screenshots. We can talk about the features apps in the SIG and then we get back to Mo with the results. * If someone wants to take screenshots, please use the new xfwm4 Nodoka theme because it has a number of nice improvements. I will send it to you right after writing this mail.
Links for the "Support" tab: Docs:
* Xfce Documentation: http://www.xfce.org/documentation/ * Xfce FAQ: http://wiki.xfce.org/faq * Another Xfce FAQ: http://forum.xfce.org/index.php?board=5.0 * Fedora 12 User Guide: http://docs.fedoraproject.org/user-guide/f12/en-US/html/ * Xfce chapter in the Fedora 12 User Guide: http://docs.fedoraproject.org/user-guide/f12/en-US/html/chap-User_Guide-Tour_of_the_Xfce_desktop.html
* Xfce Mailing list: http://foo-projects.org/mailman/listinfo/xfce/ * Fedora List: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
* Xfce Forum: http://forum.xfce.org/ * Fedora Forum: http://www.fedoraforum.org/
Xfce Wiki: http://wiki.xfce.org/ Fedora Wiki: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/
* #xfce on freenode.net irc://irc.freenode.net/xfce * #fedora on freenode: irc://irc.freenode.net/fedora
Rough Draft Round 2 taking into account all suggestions (Adam)
Xfce is a lightweight desktop environment for various *NIX systems. Designed for productivity, it loads and executes applications fast, while conserving system resources. The purpose of the Fedora Xfce Spin is to provide a high-quality Xfce experience to Fedora users and developers highlighting the benefits of the clean quick interface of the Xfce desktop that lets users get more done faster. All this built on top of Fedora innovations makes for a next generation Xfce powered desktop.