Test Day:2009-02-26 Crash Catcher
|Thu February 26, 2009||From 12:00 to 20:00 UTC (7am -> 3pm ET)||#fedora-qa)|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on:
The following cast of characters will be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Zdenek Prikryl Jiri Moskovcak
- Quality Assurance - Martin Koci, Radek Biba, James Laska, Adam Williamson
Prerequisite for Test Day
- Rawhide fully updated (some tips below). Remember, Rawhide is an unsupported development branch: use an installation you don't mind getting broken
- FAS Account - you can create an account in 3 minutes if you don't have one
- Selinux enabled. If you need to run in permissive mode please file a bug against selinux
How to test?
Update your machine to latest Rawhide or F10
See the instructions on the Rawhide page on the various ways in which you can install or update to Rawhide.
For encrypted root partitions, you have to use patched plymouth packages.
- Install the Crash Catcher RPM package. Your browser should offer the option of installing the package when you click on it (Package will be provided later today)
- Restart the computer to launch the daemon and load the necessary dbus configuration files
- check if the daemon is really running, if not for some reason, run crash-catcher
- run cc-applet (as an ordinary user)
Follow the test case.
- If you found any bug (i.e. the test case does not complete as expected, or you encounter some buggy behaviour while carrying it out), then file a ticket via the Trac system on FedoraHosted
- If you have suggestions, ideas or criticisms that are not simple bugs, send them to the crash-catcher mailing list
- If you have questions or problems during the test process, please ask in the #fedora-qa IRC channel