Test Day:2009-09-17 Virtualization
|Thursday Sep 17, 2009||All day||#fedora-test-day (webchat)|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Virtualization improvements in Fedora 12. There is a large list of virtualization improvements coming in Fedora. To simplify things, testing will be divided up into a number of sections.
If you come to this page after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test and provide feedback.
What's needed to test
- A fully updated Fedora 12 Rawhide machine. See instructions below
- Hardware virtualization support (e.g. Intel VT or AMD-V). If unavailable, you can still help with testing QEMU support.
- At least one guest image installed before the test day (suggested reading - Virtualization_Quick_Start)
- Up to 10-20Gb free disk space. Guest images take up a lot of space.
- See test areas below for area specific requirements
How to test?
Prepare your system
Testing requires the latest virtualization software included in Fedora Rawhide. Update your system to the latest rawhide using one of the following techniques.
- Install from a nearby rawhide mirror
- Download and install Test Day Live Image
- Download and install Fedora 12 Alpha
Things to test, roughly in dependency order: