Test Day:2009-09-17 Virtualization Live Migration
|Thursday Sep 17, 2009||All day||#fedora-test-day (webchat)|
What to test?
This part of today's Fedora Test Day will focus on testing the Live Migration support provided by
Live Migration is not a new feature in Fedora 12, but tends to be quite a brittle feature and needs all the testing help it can get!
If you come to this page after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test live migration and provide feedback.
Chris Lalancette is your host for today.
The following people have also agreed to be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion:
- add your name here
What's needed to test
- Two fully updated Fedora 12 Rawhide machines. See instructions on the main test day page.
- Shared guest image storage available to both machines - e.g.
/var/lib/libvirt/imagesfrom one of the machines NFS mounted on the other machine.
- At least one guest image installed before the test day (suggested reading - Virtualization_Quick_Start)
Things to test, roughly in dependency order:
- QA:Testcase Basic Migration using Qemu command-line
- QA:Testcase Live Migration using libvirt/virsh
- QA:Testcase Offline (paused) Migration using libvirt/virsh
- QA:Testcase Migration of guests with more than 4GB of memory
Issues that were identified