Test Day:2009-09-17 Virtualization SR-IOV
|Thursday Sep 17, 2009||All day||#fedora-test-day (webchat)|
What to test?
Since this feature is about adding support for new hardware, you will need that hardware available in order to test. More details below on the hardware requirements.
If you come to this page after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test SR-IOV and provide feedback.
Chris Wright is your host for today.
The following people have also agreed to be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion:
- Mark McLoughlin
- add your name here
What's needed to test
- A fully updated Fedora 12 Rawhide machine. See instructions on the main test day page.
- At least one guest image, either a fully update F11 or a current F12 rawhide guest, installed before the test day (suggested reading - Virtualization_Quick_Start)
- A test machine with:
- Intel VT-d or AMD IOMMU hardware (enabled in BIOS)
- SR-IOV support (enabled in BIOS)
- an SR-IOV capable PCIe card such as these 2 NICs which are supported in Linux:
- Intel's 1Gb 82576 (Kawela) NIC
01:00.0 Ethernet controller : Intel Corporation 82576 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:10c9] (rev 01)
- Neterion's 10Gb X3100 NIC
04:00.0 Ethernet controller : Neterion Inc. X3100 Series 10 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe [17d5:5833] (rev 01)
Things to test, roughly in dependency order:
Issues that were identified