Test Day:2009-09-17 Virtualization XenDomU
|Thursday Sep 17, 2009||All day||#fedora-test-day (webchat)|
What to test?
This part of today's Fedora Test Day will focus on testing the area concerned with Xen DomU functionality, which is based on the pv_ops work in upstream Linux.
If you come to this page after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test Fedora as a Xen DomU and provide feedback.
Andrew (Drew) Jones is your host for today.
The following people have also agreed to be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion:
- add your name here
What's needed to test
- A distribution with Xen Dom0 support. This can either be Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, CentOS 5, Suse, Fedora 11, etc. We also highly recommend that your distribution is fully updated to the latest released packages. See instructions on the main test day page.
- At least one guest image installed before the test day (suggested reading - Virtualization_Quick_Start)
Follow each of these test cases:
- Guest install
- Memory ballooning
- Live migration
- Guest pause/unpause
- CPU hotplug
- Network devices
- Block attach/detach
- Paravirt framebuffer
- Guest crash dump
- Statically linked binaries
- Kernel command line parameters
- Host machine lacking NX support
If possible each of the tests should be repeated for:
- 32-bit DomU on a 32-bit Dom0
- 32-bit DomU on a 64-bit Dom0
- 64-bit DomU on a 64-bit Dom0
Issues that were identified