|Thursday Sep 17, 2009||All day||#fedora-test-day (webchat)|
What to test?
If you come to this page after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test Fedora as a Xen DomU and provide feedback.
Andrew Jones (Drew) is your host for today.
The following people have also agreed to be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion:
- add your name here
What's needed to test
- A distribution with Xen Dom0 support. This can either be Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, CentOS 5, Suse, Fedora, etc. We also highly recommend that your distribution is fully updated to the latest released packages. See instructions on the main test day page.
- At least one guest image installed before the test day (suggested reading - Virtualization_Quick_Start).
Known issues and workarounds
Note, the following list of issues were compiled while testing on RHEL 5.4. Other host platforms and/or Xen packages may have varying results. Please test :-)
- RHEL specific: pygrub does not support ext4, however rawhide defaults to ext4. Therefore this must be manually changed to ext3 (at least for /boot) during the installation, or an appropriate kickstart can be used.
- 'xm console <domain>' will not work until 'console=hvc0' has been added to the kernel command line in grub.conf, see bz523623.
- RHEL specific on machines with GB pages: add 'nogbpages' to the guest kernel command-line for guests with >2GB memory, see bz502826
- HVM guests are hanging very early on the initial install boot.
- The mouse cursor does not move.
Execute the list of test cases for each of the following configurations:
- 32-bit PV DomU
- 32-bit HVM DomU
- 32-bit PV DomU
- 64-bit PV DomU
- 64-bit HVM DomU without PV-on-HVM drivers
- 64-bit HVM DomU with PV-on-HVM drivers
- Guest install
- Memory ballooning
- Live migration
- Guest pause/unpause
- CPU hotplug
- Network devices
- Network Performance
- Block attach/detach
- Paravirt framebuffer
- Guest crash dump
- Statically linked binaries
- Kernel command line parameters
- Host machine lacking NX support
See Reporting Virtualization bugs for a guide to reporting bugs.
Issues that were identified