|Thursday Sep 17, 2009||All day||#fedora-test-day (webchat)|
What to test?
This part of today's Fedora Test Day will focus on testing
qemu-kvm support for the qcow2 image format.
This is related to the KVM qcow2 Performance feature in Fedora 12. If we're to advertise the format's improved performance, we better test that people can use the format!
If you come to this page after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test qcow2 support and provide feedback.
FIXME is your host for today.
The following people have also agreed to be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion:
What's needed to test
- A fully updated Fedora 12 Rawhide machine. See instructions on the main test day page.
- At least one guest image installed before the test day (suggested reading - Virtualization_Quick_Start)
Things to test, roughly in dependency order:
- QA:Testcase virt-install using qcow2
- QA:Testcase virt-manager install using qcow2
- QA:Testcase qemu-img convert from raw to qcow2
- QA:Testcase qemu-img create snapshot
Issues that were identified