|Thursday April 8, 2010||From 12:00 to 21:00 UTC (8am -> 5pm EDT)||#fedora-test-day (webirc)|
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Justin Forbes (IRC: jforbes)
- Quality Assurance - Tester1 (IRC: nick3), Tester2 (IRC: nick4), Tester3 (IRC: nick5)
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Virtualization improvements in Fedora 13. There is a large list of virtualization improvements coming in Fedora. To simplify things, testing will be divided up into a number of sections.
If you come to this page after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test and provide feedback.
Read more about this here: Features/libguestfs
As Xen Guest (DomU)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- A fully updated Fedora 13 Beta machine. See instructions below.
- Hardware virtualization support (e.g. Intel VT or AMD-V). If unavailable, you can still help with testing QEMU support.
- At least one guest image installed before the test day (suggested reading - Virtualization_Quick_Start)
- Up to 10-20Gb free disk space. Guest images take up a lot of space.
- See the individual test area pages for specific requirements.
Prepare your system
Testing requires the latest virtualization software included in Fedora Rawhide. Update your system to the latest rawhide using one of the following techniques.
Note: if you are using the Live CD image, you will need to mount storage for guests either from the local disk or from NFS. If the latter, you will need to run
setsebool virt_use_nfs=on in order for it to work with SELinux.
Each column should be a test case or configuration, and each row should consist of test results. Include a link where to report bugs. For example:
Please report all bugs into Bugzilla against the component listed in the individual test area.
|User||Smolt Profile||Sample test 1||Sample test 2||Sample test 3||Sample test 4||References|
|User:FasUser||HW||PASS||PASS||FAIL ||PASS|| |