Test Day:2010-04-08 Virtualization Live Migration
|Thursday Apr 08, 2010||All day||#fedora-test-day (webchat)|
What to test?
This part of today's Fedora Test Day will focus on testing the Live Migration support provided by
Live Migration is not a new feature in Fedora 13, but tends to be quite a brittle feature and needs all the testing help it can get!
If you come to this page after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test live migration and provide feedback.
Justin Forbes is your host for today.
The following people have also agreed to be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion:
- Juan Quintela
- add your name here
What's needed to test
- Two fully updated Fedora 13 test machines. See instructions on the main test day page. The first machine will be called the "source machine", and the second machine will be called the "destination machine".
- Shared guest image storage available to both machines - e.g.
/var/lib/libvirt/imagesshared from the source machine and NFS mounted on the destination machine.
- At least one guest image installed on the source machine before the test day (suggested reading - Virtualization_Quick_Start)
Things to test, roughly in dependency order:
- QA:Testcase Basic Migration using Qemu command-line
- QA:Testcase Live Migration using libvirt/virsh
- QA:Testcase Offline (paused) Migration using libvirt/virsh
- QA:Testcase Migration of guests with more than 4GB of memory
- QA:Testcase Migration failure cleans up properly
- QA:Testcase Live Migration with a quickly changing/busy guest
Issues that were identified
|User:lxu||Network doesn't work after Live Migration||RHBZ #580806||NEW|
|User:clalance||[F13]: live migration with selinux and libvirt throws an error||RHBZ #582030||NEW|