Test Day:2011-03-01 L10n i18n Installation
|Fedora Test Days|
|Mail • Subscribe • Archives|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on translations and internationalization support in Anaconda
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - User:Petersen (juhp)
- Quality Assurance - IgorSoares (igorps), He Rui (rhe), A S Alam (Alam)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- One or more keyboards with different layouts.
- Bare metal or virtual machine.
- Usb key, a virtualized guest or a burned CD/DVD with the test image
How to test?
Prepare Your System
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images) -- F-15-Alpha RC2.
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 15 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
- Optionally, you may download a non-destructive Fedora 15 live image for your architecture. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD. Live images can be found here.
- QA:Testcase Arabic Language Install
- QA:Testcase Asian Language Install
- QA:Testcase Cyrillic Language Install
- QA:Testcase Non-English European Language Install
- QA:Testcase i18n default fonts
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla usually for the component anaconda. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one, and the second should be the test case you followed. Use the result template to enter your results in the third column, as shown in the example result line.
|Sample User||<AREA> Language Install - <LANG>||
|Hurry||Asian Language Install - Chinese|| |
|Hurry||I18n default fonts - Chinese||
|Runab||Asian Language Install - Bengali India||
|jassy||Asian Language Install - Punjabi||
|swkothar||Asian Language Install - Gujarati||
|pspmig||Asian Language Install - Simplified Chinese||
|rajesh||Asian Language Install - Hindi||