Test Day:2011-09-22 I18n Desktop
|Fedora Test Days|
|Mail • Subscribe • Archives|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on input methods support in desktop applications regarding new features developed during Fedora 16 development cycle.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development -
- Quality Assurance -
Prerequisite for Test Day
- One or more keyboards with different layouts.
- Bare metal or virtual machine.
- Usb key, a virtualized guest or a burned CD/DVD with the test image
How to test?
Prepare Your System
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images) -- F-16-Beta RC1.
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 16 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
- Optionally, you may download a non-destructive Fedora 16 live image for your architecture. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD. Live images can be found here.
- Please make sure if the above media has the latest ibus. running yum update or yum update ibus would be nice prior to begin.
- QA:Testcase ibus start
- QA:Testcase ibus bridge hotkey
- QA:Testcase ibus gnome_shell
- QA:Testcase i18n input application
- QA:Testcase i18n input method
- QA:Testcase i18n ibus input
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla. For instance file a bug report against the component firefox if you have problems testing the Firefox Web Browser. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one, and the second should be a link to the Smolt profile of the system you tested. For each test case, use the result template to enter your result, as shown in the example result line.
|User||ibus start||ibus bridge hotkey||ibus GNOME Shell||input application||input method||ibus input||Nice to Test||References|