Test Day:2013-04-11 Translation (l10n)
|Fedora Test Days|
|Mail • Subscribe • Archives|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on translations availability and accuracy in desktop applications
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development -
- Quality Assurance - Aalam (alam)
- Localization - Ani Peter (apeter)
- Localization - Sweta Kothari(swkothar)
- Localization - Manoj Kumar Giri (mgiri)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- Bare metal or virtual machine. Start with Virtualization
- Usb key, a virtualized guest or a burned CD/DVD with the test image. Please Change Video device for Virtual Machine before start running test image.
How to test?
Prepare Your System
- You may download a non-destructive Fedora 19 live image for your architecture. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD
|i686 UPLOAD IN PROGRESS||6ecd0dc0299743af3958cea4baaf6128993b1013a1aba6a35f80cbeded11c4d6|
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 19 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
- If you are using a Alpha or pre-Alpha installation please keep in mind to update your system before running the tests.
How to run desktop in your language?
After booting from Live iso:
1. On desktop top right corner click on "Live System User"
2. From menu, select "System Settings"
3. In "System Settings" window, select "Region and Language"
4. Then in "Region and Language" window, Click on "Language", to add your language click ... (more) sign at the bottom.
5. In window select your language (start type name in English), then select language name and Click Done
6. enable INPUT method, in "Region and Language" window, Click on "Input Method", to add keyboard you want, click on plus ('+') and (more) sign at the bottom.
7. In window select your keyboard (start type name in English), then select keyboard name and Click Add
8. Click on 'Restart Now' bar will appear as in screen-shot
9. click on "Log Out" Button to logout
10. On gdm screen just click on user name "Live System User"
11. It will ask you to update folder name to your language, try your choice.
And start testing your language...
Nice to test
Bugs you might hit or additional situations that are nice to test:
- (as_IN)(gtk)(Translation) - Translation Error with "????" appearing
- (te_IN) Disk format message is out of screen during installation
- No translation on Login-Page of the reboot-menu
- (all languages) yum untranslated words
- Semi-translated messages (translated strings missing)
Specific L10N bugs like typos and translation mistakes should be directly reported to the local translation team mailing list or a bug report should be filed at Bugzilla against the related language. General bugs that affect all languages like strings not marked for translation, downstream patching that breaks translations and input method issues should be filed against the related package. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you.
How to file bugs
The following links helps you to guide to file both l10n and i18n related bugs:-
Translation teams are free to prioritize packages they find more important to test. We have made introduced a new test matrix from Fedora 18 l10n testing. Feel free to provide feedback/comments/suggestions to email@example.com.
- The applications have been divided into Frequently Used Applications (FUAs) and non Frequently Used Applications (non-FUAs) for translation teams to prioritize packages for testing.
- The test matrix table below takes you to individual pages application-wise for testing.
- Each test page contains test cases for each application and can the test results can be provided in a table format like earlier.
- Click on the link on the second column in the below test matrix, which directs you to the test result page where you can enter your language name, code (fail/pass), bug filed and comments, if any.
NOTE:- If you find any strings in English, kindly confirm whether its 100% translated in upstream. Link for upstream is provided along with each packages. Accordingly please file your bugs, as in some cases latest translations might not be imported.