Unfinished Board issues
This page catalogs unfinished board business.
For each issue we need filter each issue through this criteria:
- Have we resolved the issue?
- If so, where?
- If not, why not?
- Was the answer complete enough?
Issues should live in one of the two sections below:
- What is the target audience for the Fedora Distribution? (Paul)
- (reference Paul's response) http://lwn.net/Articles/358865/
- TODO: this decision needs a stand-alone wiki page for ready reference--we shouldn't be referring to mail archives for things like this
- What is the Board's role?
- Set a defining vision for the Project and enable other groups to work toward it, without excluding those who want to do other things
- Is there a default spin?
- Yes, it is the "Desktop Spin"
- Does letting thousands of contributors do what they want have a negative impact on our OS? (Mike)
- How is the Fedora distribution defined? Is it a universe of packages, a specific spin, or is it something else? (Chris)
- SIGs Spins, and Remixes (mdomsch, walters)
- Can SIGs / Spins define their own target audience?
- Can SIGs / Spins change the distribution sufficiently within the scope of what we permit by today's guidelines to effectively reach that target audience?
- Can SIGs create remixes, or only spins?
- Should SIGs be creating spins?
- If the "Desktop Spin" is the default offering, does this mean the Desktop team defines the user experience for all of Fedora? (Paul)
- what if some SIG disagrees?
- Is it possible for there to be a different default offering for Fedora? Why or why not? (Paul)
- What is a target audience? Is it a concrete persona? Is it an abstract paragraph or two on a wiki? (John/Chris)
- Personas as part of the "Target Audience" discussion (John)
- Website redesign (main page) (Mike)
Website redesign (spins pages)
- Resolve Desktop/Whiteboards/UpdateExperience into actionable proposals (walters)
- Finalizing Overview and Objectives as it relates to Fedora's Target Audience (Paul)