m (moved User:Ankursinha/Fedora Distribution Draft to User:Ankursinha/Fedora Media Distribution Draft: "media distribution" makes more sense than just "distribution")
Revision as of 06:35, 1 November 2010
Channels (in order of priority)
- Local Contacts (in Person)
- Local Contacts (by Mail)
- Fedora/Linux events
- Buy from vendors
- Free media
Detailed description of channels
- Helper tool to easily select what to download and provide a link.
- A helper matrix for example?
Local Contacts (in person)
- We maintain a list of volunteers (people add their names to it).
- Contact an Ambassador.
- Get a time slot.
- Go get media burnt.
- Some place needed to maintain records.
- A Wiki page?
- Free media trac system? Ambassador opens a ticket himself?
- A separate ticket system? Only for use by Ambassadors?
Local Contacts (by mail)
- Maintain a list of volunteers (people add their names to it)
- Contact Ambassador
- Send blank media and return envelope (or send money, whatever, to be decided by requester and Ambassador)
- Ambassador files a ticket, so we can maintain records.
- We need to somehow be able to check that people do service the requests after receiving blank media.
- How will this be implemented?
- Only volunteers should be able to view info of requester.
- make them a part of the free media group?
- Needs discussion.
- Keep the list up to date.
- Already working pretty well.
- Any improvements?
Buy from vendors
- Invite vendors, it's free marketing for them.
- Ping them once every quarter?
- Man power needed to do this (or a team)
- Can we look to the marketing team for help? (This is marketing, isn't it?)
- Once in 3 weeks (a suitable time period) we can have a thread and people will hopefully volunteer to check out some sites. Doesn't have to be a fixed team.
- We can announce an updated vendors list every quarter?
- Co-ordination with vendors will be needed (a specific ML that they can join?)
- Servicing two tickets per month is requested of all volunteers.
- The media will be home made and does not need to have fancy labelling and the rest.
- If a volunteer wants, he can use an on line vendor and send someone media too. This is will be called the Sponsored Media program (Distribution/SponsoredMedia). This is not to be taken as a separate program. (Only Free media volunteers have access to the addresses)
- To be maintained by Susmit, Frank, Neville (the already appointed team?)
- Used for sponsored media (see above).
- Should the collected amount etc. be public? Ie, contributors should be able to look at a page to see the stats of donations?
Comment: I think that as we are dealing with money, we should be as transparent as possible. The first thing that people will wonder is how this money collected is converted to media, so we have to have kind of account records: incomes vs. expenses. Probably expenses linked to tickets. The second question may be is the whole money donated displayed? Shoul we print monthly activities of paypal account? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying some misuse of found has or will happened. Just playing devil's advocated. --Yn1v 19:10, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- Tell other people that we are wanting to work on this.
- List of volunteers willing to work on these.
- Check with board that we are to take over this.
- Check with others teams that may something to say/contribute