User:Athmane/QA:Testcase Xfce Upgrade
This case tests upgrading from the current stable release (Fedora 23) to the development release (Fedora 24) with Xfce desktop.
How to test
- Perform an installation of the previous Fedora release (Fedora 23) with Xfce desktop using:
- Xfce Spin or
- DVD/Boot.iso/Netinst.iso/PXE installation and select
- Do a full system update
- Upgrade your system to Fedora 24 using any available means (
boot.iso, PXE or
- Boot and test the system
- Log into Xfce and test the desktop and important applications (Terminal, File manager, panels, desktop icons, menus etc ...)
- The system should be upgraded to Fedora 24 version without error
- Xfce desktop configuration must be the same, if there's any changes in configuration file format, you should be prompted to migrate your configuration.