Name: Domingo Becker
Email: domingobecker AT gmail DOT com
Location: Santiago del Estero, Argentina
College degree: Software Engineer, Universidad Católica - Santiago del Estero - Argentina - 1996
Postgraduate studies: Financial Management, Universidad de Belgrano - Buenos Aires - Argentina - 2006
Language: Spanish, English
Goals in the Fedora Project
- To have a linux distribution fully translated to spanish. A stable and an easy to install one.
- Use linux and open source software in my daily work.
- Port the software I developed to linux.
- Use linux everywhere I work.
- Software development using mainly C++ for Win32 wxMSW-OWL-native api, and for linux with wxGTK.
- WAN and LAN administrator using linux and cisco.
- Since august 2006, spanish translator for the Fedora Project.
- Red Hat Linux user since Red Hat Linux version 3.1.
- I currently work for the ISSPSE (Instituto de Seguridad Social para Profesionales de Santiago del Estero, www.isspse.com.ar, isspse AT isspse DOT com DOT ar) since 1998. ISSPSE is an institution dedicated to manage retirement funds of almost all professionals in my province. The work I do here is software development, investment analysis (specially Argentina sovereign debt bonds) and actuarial studies (long term projections and scenarios simulations).
- I also work for some small supermarkets, in software development, since 1998. I develop systems for billing, accounting, and everything a small business needs.
- Since 2008, professor and responsible for the following cathedras:
- Compiladores e Intérpretes - Ingeniería en Computación - Universidad Católica de Santiago del Estero
- Redes de Area Local - Tecnicatura en Redes - Universidad Católica de Santiago del Estero
- Diseño de Redes - Tecnicatura en Redes - Universidad Católica de Santiago del Estero
- As I am a network administrator using linux from a long time ago, and I've been paid for that job, I give back to the open source community by translating the linux distribution I work with.
Successes and Implementations
I may happily say that I succeeded in three of the goals mentioned above. I'm on my way on using linux everywhere.
The problems I encountered in Fedora Linux implementation and the solution I given are documented in this page.
[me@proglinux ~] $ gpg --fingerprint pub 1024D/76AA13AE 2008-09-11 Huella de clave = 6930 9C54 808A 824C CB02 7C29 BD5B 591F 76AA 13AE uid Domingo Becker (Boris) <email@example.com> sub 2048g/52D4CA2E 2008-09-11
To import my key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key 0x76AA13AE