Ricky Elrod on the 'net
Freenode (nick: CodeBlock or relrod): #fedora-admin, #fedora-noc, #fedora-apps, #fedora-fedmsg, and a bunch of others.
Internal/Red Hat (nick: relrod)
Slashnet (nick: CodeBlock): #uakroncs
Ham Radio: N8SQL
Google+ (rarely used): https://plus.google.com/106726601246881076299/
What I do within Fedora
- (June 2010) - Sent intro email to firstname.lastname@example.org, started helping out wherever I could.
- (January 2011) - Got funded to go to FUDCon:Tempe_2011. (Thank you, Fedora!)
- (February 2011) - Was asked about and gladly accepted entrance into sysadmin-main, the core sysadmin group for the Fedora Project.
- (June 2011) - Won the Fedora Scholarship. (Thank you, Fedora!)
- (November 2011) - Started administrating the Fedora Scholarship since the previous winner has the opportunity to run the next year's scholarship.
- (February 2012) - Became an intern at Red Hat (Fedora Engineering Intern).
- Perhaps most importantly, I earn badges!
What I do outside of Fedora (in FOSS)
- I love learning about programming paradigms, particularly Functional Programming.
- Along with that, I love learning the math behind it. Type theory and category theory are enjoyable. :)
- I maintain a small number of Ruby Gems.
- I created (and very badly need to re-create in another language some day) http://da.gd/ and the "framework" that powers it.
- I sometimes contribute to Facebook's Phabricator project in my spare time.
Non-software things that I do
- I am a part-time student, currently majoring in CS at Youngstown State University.
- I am a founder of The SYN/HAK Hackerspace in Akron, Ohio.
- I am learning Guitar in my free time.
- I am learning calligraphy in my free time.
- I play the keyboard for fun. I'm not good at it.
- I enjoy photography - I shoot Pentax.