U-Boot support for booting ARM systems
Make it possible to update kernels and reboot into the newly installed kernel when U-Boot is the configured bootloader.
- Name: Niels de Vos
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: N/A
- Last updated: 27 May 2011
- Percentage of completion: 0%
There is currently no standardized way in Fedora to boot ARM systems that have the U-boot bootloader.
Benefit to Fedora
This is one of several parts that need improvement for making Fedora on ARM more usable.
- use mkimage to convert a U-boot image for the kernel and initramfs
- provide a U-boot script/template
- update the template (plaintext) when a kernel in installed
- fill variables in the template and create a plaintext U-boot script
- integrate mkimage to convert the plaintext script into a binary script that gets loaded by U-boot
- document guidelines on how to configure U-boot to load the binary script on different ARM systems
How To Test
- Fedora ARM will be more attractive for users, there will be less need for manual configuration.
- When there is