Random notes and stuff
- Email: duffy at fedoraproject dot org
- IRC: mizmo (freenode) ( Not sure what IRC is?)
- Location: Boston, MA USA (Eastern Time Zone)
- Homepage: http://people.redhat.com/duffy
- Blog: http://blog.linuxgrrl.com
Just call her Mo, because her first name looks hard to pronounce (FYI: "mo-reen"). She is a senior interaction designer with Red Hat, Inc. who comes from a varied background - computer science, human computer interaction, visual design, and communication. Vices include Battlestar Galactica, Final Fantasy, Hello Kitty, and Inkscape. (Note: WarrenTogami is resposible for the first two, and he feeds the third. Hmm!) She can be observed in the wild in the vicinity of this guy, Ray, her long-term boyfriend , most likely in the Greater Boston Area.
She and WarrenTogami started fedora-art-list in April 2006, and she is the team lead of the Fedora art team . Development-wise, Mo's contributed interaction design to a number of applications that are part of Fedora, such as virt-manager, system-config-auth, and the anaconda installer.
Mo is interested in mentoring anyone who would like help with interaction design / usability, visual design (icons, themes, etc.), marketing/branding issues, and bug triaging/fixing. She's also especially interested in mentoring other women. If you have hints or tips on beating the boss on level 80 of Via Infinito in FF-X2, her inbox is ALWAYS open.
What I'm Working On Now
- The Anaconda UI Redesign - Anaconda is the Fedora operating system installer.
- Coordinating Fedora's 2013 Outreach Program for Women - the full project is coordinated & administered by the GNOME foundation at http://gnome.org/opw]
A Non-Inclusive List of What I Have Worked On, In the Past
- New websites design for www.fedoraproject.org
- Fedora 14 Artwork
- Pandamotor (Thinkpad x220 Tablet Laptop)
- Aiko (Thinkpad x61 Tablet Laptop): Smolt Profile
- Panda (Home Desktop): Smolt Profile
Yuna (Old T41 Laptop): Smolt Profile(decomissioned)
Hello Kitty (Office Workstation): Smolt Profile(decomissioned)
|Test Type||Description||DOC Source|
|#1 Non-English/US Install||For users without sysadmin/storage experience.||File:anaconda-script1.pdf||File:anaconda-script1.doc|
|#2 Dual-Boot Install||For users with sysadmin experience.||File:anaconda-script2.pdf||File:anaconda-script2.doc|