- Real name: Emmanuel Seyman
- Occupation: System administrator
- Legal status: French citizen
- Place of Birth: Paris, France
- Group Affiliation: Perl SIG member, president of Borsalinux-Fr
- Base of operations: Boulogne-Billancourt, France
- email : emmanuel (at) seyman.fr or eseyman (at) fedoraproject.org
- irc: eseyman on freenode (I'm typically in #fedora-fr and #fedora-perl)
- blog: http://blog.fedora-fr.org/eseyman/
I started using Linux in 1997 or 1998 (my first distribution was Red Hat Linux 4.2). While I tried out a lot of Linux distributions, I kept coming back to RHL because it was the one I felt most comfortable with.
Wanting to give back to the community, I finally took the plunge and joined the local LUG (Parinux, in my case). Around that time period, inspired by freshrpms' example, I started installing software by making rpms for them. I started going to a lot of events and went on to organize a few events. Eventually, I was elected president of the organization.
When RHL was discontinued, I jumped over to Fedora with Fedora Core 1. After a while, I met Fedora contributors (Smoother1rOgZ came to work for my company) and I hooked up with Fedora-Fr (the french NPO that promotes Fedora in french-speaking countries). Eventually, I decided to add the software I maintained (essentially perl modules) to the Fedora repository and become a Fedora packager. Smoother1rOgZ sponsored me and I started maintaining a bunch of perl modules.
After leaving Parinux's board, I decided to take a more Fedora-specific approach to promoting use of Linux and joined Fedora-Fr. After a couple of years, I was asked to join the board and I became president of the organization (yes, again).
Given that I spent a lot of time promoting Fedora in FLOSS events, I've decided to join the Fedora Ambassadors team.
- Programming languages: a bit of bash, a lot of perl
- Applications: Bugzilla (I contributed a lot at one point), Gnome
- Known superhuman powers: none known