General ideas/discussion intended to ensure a successful GNOME3 release in Fedora 15.
- What is success for GNOME3 and Fedora 15?
- There is some talk that GNOME3 might be received in a similar manner as KDE4.0 ... is that good, bad?
- How, or will, the Fedora Release Criteria be impacted by GNOME3?
- Are Desktop SIG and FESCO in agreement on what is needed and expected from a default desktop experience for Fedora 15?
- Is a multi-release GNOME3 feature roadmap available and maintained? This might be helpful to assuage any users/maintainers who are unhappy because a feature they relied on is not currently available.
- What kind of Fedora marketing/buzz is planned to raise the profile and get people excited?
- Does How to debug Xorg problems need to be updated?
- Do we need a How to debug GNOME3 problems page?
- Identify and document panel applets that are no longer available in Fedora 15 (e.g. Weather and stock applets).
- Provide development roadmap/documentation for integrating GNOME2 applets with GNOME3 shell experience
- Must document an easy method for disabling GNOME3 shell and reverting to GNOME2