Features, features and features (2012-07-25) Attendees: mmaslano, mitr, t8m, jreznik
Categories of features
- "self contained" features
- SIG feature with wider impact
Self contained features
The self contained feature could be one very isolated package or feature with limited scope for example adding group of leave packages. Enhancement of one package without impact on other package is also self contained feature.
- Announce to fedora-devel.
- !Docs process, only release notes advertisement.
- Aggregated list will be acked by FESCo if no-one was complaining about possible breakage.
- Formal correctness of filled feature template will be checked by Feature Wrangler.
SIG feature with wide impact
This features are system-wide/defaults changing features. Announce Feature to fedora-devel one week before FESCo meeting review.
- Who's actually is going to do the work?
Define Scope section more clearly
- release engineering impact (mass rebuilds etc.)
- mass rebuild deadline
Feature Template All sections of this template are required for review by FESCo. - only for Features to be approved by FESCo
Required: Summary, Owner, Current Status, ... TODO
Feature on track?
When to close FESCo ticket? - Approved - Finished - so owner can track the development (Feature Sheppard)