The idea here is to build UEFI binary firmware images from the BSD-licensed code at edk2.tianocore.org which can be used with qemu/KVM instead of the bochs/cbios/whatever images.
To Do list
- get OVMF to the point that QEMU can reasonably use it
- implement fw_cfg interfaces
- figure out how to get to a better build system
- probably this means an overlay repo that provides static makefiles for our situation
- CSM is a must-have :/
- we probably need our own FAT driver
- probably need a custom S3 handler?
- S5 should be normal
- MacOS X support
- emulated (faked) DMI/ACPI info?
- do we need graphics drivers for MacOS to do this?
- they have a vesa driver, so that's one route.
- Windows 7 support
- Probably don't need DMI/ACPI tricks
- no vga bios, so probably do need graphics drivers. Or maybe just fake the VGA BIOS, since it doesn't need to do much.