m (1 revision(s))
Revision as of 02:37, 28 May 2008
John Poelstra, RHCE
Hi, I'm John!
A majority of my time as a Red Hat employee is dedicated to Fedora as Program Manager. This means I help with general project management, act as the Feature Wranger for new features in each new release, and whatever else helps Fedora to be a better project. Most recently this includes working with Jon Stanley to relaunch the Bug Triage process .
You'll also see me publishing minutes for all of the Fedora Board meetings as a secretary, publishing recaps for Release Engineering Meetings too, and doing install testing for new releases.
While I try to be as transparent as possible in my Fedora work, some of it is less visible when I am working with groups internal to Red Hat to make sure Fedora and Red Hat are aligned and working well together.
- A clear list of Features and their status for upcoming Fedora releases
- Predictable schedules that people can trust
- Detailed schedules that remind everyone what it takes to complete a release and when those tasks need to be completed to finish on time
- A smooth running Fedora project
- A well maintained bug tracking system
How to reach me
- IRC: irc.freenode.net with the nick poelcat
- email: poelstra/.\at/.\fedoraproject.org