John Poelstra, RHCE
Hi, I'm John!
A majority of my time as a Red Hat employee is dedicated to Fedora as Program Manager. This means I help with general project management, act as the Feature Wranger for new features in each new release, and whatever else helps Fedora to be a better project. I am also currently helping to lead the Bug Triage process .
You'll also see me publishing minutes for all of the Fedora Board meetings as the secretary and doing project management things like updating the schedule and proposing new schedules for the next release.
While I try to be as transparent as possible in my Fedora work, some of it is less visible when I am working with groups internal to Red Hat to make sure Fedora and Red Hat are aligned and working well together.
- A clear list of Features and their status for upcoming Fedora releases
- Predictable schedules that people can trust
- Detailed schedules that remind everyone what it takes to complete a release and when those tasks need to be completed to finish on time
- A smooth running Fedora project
- A well maintained bug tracking system
How to reach me
- IRC: irc.freenode.net with the nick poelcat
- Channels: #fedora-bugzappers, #fedora-meeting, #fedora-qa
- email: poelstra/.\at/.\fedoraproject.org
- twitter: poelcat