John Poelstra, RHCE
Hi, I'm John!
A majority of my time as a Red Hat employee is dedicated to Fedora as Program Manager. This means I help with general project management and act as the Feature Wrangler for new features in each new release. You'll also see me doing project management things like proposing and updating the release schedules and facilitating our release readiness meetings.
I also work on the Bug Triage process.
For Fedora 12 and 13 I served as a Fedora Board member.
While I try to be as transparent as possible in my Fedora work, some of it is less visible when I am working with groups internal to Red Hat to make sure Fedora and Red Hat are aligned and working well together.
- A clear list of Features and their status for upcoming Fedora releases
- Predictable schedules that people can trust
- Detailed schedules that remind everyone what it takes to complete a release and when those tasks need to be completed to finish on time
- A smooth running Fedora project
- A well maintained bug tracking system