Living in a Siberian city near the Lake Baykal. Find it on the map: it's quite big and moon-shaped — right there, in the Middle Asia — I love it for its crystal water, wide open spaces and evergreen pine trees. A great place to free your mind and cleanse your soul. James Cameron came here in August 2010 to celebrate his 50th jubilee. He came down to bottom and then went to drink vodka at a local camp. :) I love to have a laugh, but personal freedom is what I value the most, and everything beautiful and creative is my big interest. I like to get to know other people and cultures, it's awesome to find that we all have much in common. And friendship is far beyond a language.
- Gender: Male
- Location: Irkutsk (Russia, UTC+9)
- Language: Russian, English, some Polish
- Freedom Support Act / Future Leaders Exchange Alumni
- Irkutsk State Linguistic University Diploma
I am an adherent of Cognitive Linguistics. Simply speaking of its application, from wording you can get pretty much anything about the speaker: their mood, appearance, background, attitude on the subject matter and, on certain conditions, even to what side from the wall they hang toilet paper, et cetĕra. Read the full article in Wikipedia.
- Email: shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org
- IRC: misha on Freenode
- Gtalk: shnurapet AT gmail.com
- Fedora Account: shnurapet
- GPG key: F741 AB4B CFCC 99E2 8B0B 7290 69BB CC11 2182 64B3
Activities within Fedora
- Participant from Russian Federation
- FreeMedia program
- Fedora 13 Test Day:2010-04-13 Nouveau
- Fedora 15 Test Day:2011-02-03 GNOME 3 Alpha
- Fedora 17 Test Day:2012-03-07 Desktop L10N
- Russian translations coordinator
- Native Russian translator currently involved in:
Ideas and feedback. :)
Other activities outside Fedora
I've been translating and proof-reading within the GNOME Project and as a member of the Russian Ubuntu Translators team. I have mostly been interested in Banshee Project, Miro and Deluge.