Living in a Siberian city near the Lake Baykal. Find it on the map: it's quite big and moon-shaped — right there, in the Middle Asia — I love it for its crystal water, wide open spaces and evergreen pine trees. A great place to free your mind and cleanse your soul. James Cameron came here in August 2010 to celebrate his 50th jubilee. He came down to bottom and then went to drink vodka at a local camp. :D I looove to have a great laugh! But personal freedom is what I value the most, and everything beautiful and creative is my big interest. I like to get to know other people and cultures, it's awesome to find that we all have much in common. And friendship is far beyond a language.
- Gender: Male
- Location: Irkutsk (Russia, GMT+8)
- Language: Russian, English, Polish
- FSA/FLEX Foreign Exchange (Mount Ayr, IA)
- Iowa Student Global Leadership Conference Certificate
- Irkutsk State Linguistic University Diploma
I am an adherent of Cognitive Linguistics.
Cognitive Linguistics is characterized by adherence to three central positions. First, it denies that there is an autonomous linguistic faculty in the mind; second, it understands grammar in terms of conceptualization; and third, it claims that knowledge of language arises out of language use. Read the full article in Wikipedia.
- Email: shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org
- IRC: misha on Freenode
- Gtalk: shnurapet AT gmail.com
- Fedora Account: shnurapet
- GPG key: 0EDF 0979 12D4 6280 AC7B B232 DB15 3DF7 0021 7306
Activities within Fedora
- Participant from Russian Federation
- FreeMedia program
- Fedora 13 Test Day:2010-04-13 Nouveau
- Fedora 15 Test Day:2011-02-03 GNOME3 Alpha
- Russian translation team coordinator
- Native Russian translator currently involved in:
- Docs project
- Release Notes
- Project wiki
Ideas and feedback. :)
Other activities outside Fedora
I've been a member of the GNOME Project and Russian Ubuntu Translators team contributing and correcting translations for applications I use. I have mostly been interested in Banshee Project, Miro and Deluge.