I'm an information security guy so I have my pet peeves when it comes to computer users. I have written various papers on e-mail, network, and wireless security that explain the proper ways of setting up security measures that are available via open source solutions. Hopefully I'll have one published on SELinux soon.
I'm also an Amateur Radio operator (W4OTN) and used to be heavily involved in RF data communications. Now I'm all about the ability to use data in the field to support emergency operations and during my adventures. You can be sure that Fedora is high on my list of software that is deployed in the field.
IRC: Sparks on freenode
- #fedora-docs - Fedora Documentation Project
- #fedora-hams - Fedora Amateur Radio SIG
- GPG key: 0xD74908ED
- Location: Newport News, Virginia
Activities within Fedora
- I work as an editor and writer for the Fedora Documentation Project.
- I am a member of the Free Media program.
- I am an advocate of Fedora when it comes to amateur radio software.