My name is Tristan Santore and I am an IT professional. I hold a degree in Computer Science BSc(hons) and am a MBCS and also a Thawte Notary(WoT). Currently, I am based in Cardiff, United Kingdom, but that might change soon. I am a fluent German speaker and I have used Fedora since version 1, and actually started with Red Hat 9, although I had tried to use Red Hat 7.x, but failed miserably due to hardware issues.
- Email: tsantore (((at)))) fedoraproject.org
- IRC: LinuxCode: #fedora, #fedora-admin, #fedora-devel, #fedora-security, #fedora-selinux, #fedora-docs, etc.
- GPG key: N/A as of yet. Email (Thawte signed digital signature).
- Fedora Account: tsantore
Activities within Fedora
- I have spent most of my time supporting users in the #fedora irc channel on Freenode, but I am also around on other IRC networks to give fedora support. I have been doing this for quite a few years now and enjoy the challenge that this brings with it.
- I am also active on bugzilla and file bug reports, when necessary.
- If required I also edit the wiki, such as adding a common bugs entry for F10, where on SCSI cards the system would fail on boot, due to the initial mkinitrd bug that was present. I wrote instructions on how to fix or bypass the issue.
- In the future I would like to, participate more on the infrastructure side of the Fedora Project, as this is my area of expertise and interest, but at the moment, I am lacking the time and the confidence to do so, but no doubt will be helping out in the near future.
- I plan to get involved as package maintainer to add to the already excellent list of packages we now have, further, I would like to help out and increase the scope of the packages we have, as this is what makes or breaks a distribution, in my humble opinion.