I'm a Fedora user since FC2, a Finnish Fedora GUI and Docs translator, one of the coordinators of the Finnish translation team, a Fedora RPM package maintainer and I'm also interested in FOSS hacking. I have a B.Sc. in Computer Science and I'm currently studying for an M.Sc. degree. I live in Helsinki, Finland.
- E-mail: [[MailTo(vpivaini AT cs DOT helsinki DOT fi)]
- IRC: vpv, #fedora.fi on IRCNet, #fedora-l10n, #fedora-docs and sometimes #fedora on Freenode
- Blog: http://vpv.kapsi.fi/blog/ (mostly about my summer project)
- GPG Key ID: 00E249C3, my entry at MIT Key Server
- Time zone: EET/EEST, currently UTC+2
If you have anything to ask or comment on the Finnish translation of Fedora, you can contact me.
Packages that I maintain:
I also co-maintain some other VDR packages with VilleSkyttä
This is a list of the updates I should do for some or all Fedora releases, mainly a reminder for myself:
- None currently
- nvram-wakeup is currently the only unpackaged program I use on my VDR box
- tmispell-voikko, review request here
The Voikko packages provide Finnish spellchecking and hyphenation support for e.g. KDE, Gnome and OO.o.
In general, I support what EPEL is doing, but I currently have no EL installations, so I don't really want to maintain my packages there by myself. However, if you are interested in having e.g. the Voikko packages in EPEL, feel free to maintain those, but please add me as a co-mainter.
I have translated the Release Notes for Fedora 7 and 8 into Finnish. I plan to keep doing the translations for upcoming releases as well. Any help is greatly appreciated :) If I have the time, I may also update the translations for already released versions.
My COSS Summercode Finland 2007 Project
- Dive Into Python
- How to Think Like a Computer Scientist - Learning with Python
- PEP8 - Style Guide for Python Code