I'm a Fedora user since FC2, a Finnish Fedora GUI and Docs translator, one of the coordinators of the Finnish translation team, a Fedora RPM package maintainer and I'm also interested in FOSS hacking. I have a B.Sc. in Computer Science and I'm currently studying for an M.Sc. degree. I live in Helsinki, Finland.
- E-mail: [[MailTo(vpivaini AT cs DOT helsinki DOT fi)]
- IRC: vpv, #fedora.fi on IRCNet, #fedora-l10n, #fedora-docs and some other Fedora channels on Freenode
- Blog: http://vpv.kapsi.fi/blog/
- GPG Key ID: 00E249C3, my entry at MIT Key Server
- Time zone: EET/EEST, currently UTC+2
- My (somewhat outdated) Fedora Docs self-introduction
I can sponsor new contributors to the cvsl10n group in the Fedora Account System. Make sure you've sent an introduction mail to the fedora-trans-list mailing list before asking for sponsorship.
Packages that I maintain:
The packages with "voikko" in the name provide Finnish spell checking, hyphenation and grammar checking. The upstream for those is the Voikko project. I also co-maintain some other VDR packages with Ville Skyttä.
I'm a relatively new EPEL packager (since about April 2009), Moin is the only package I maintain in EPEL. If you want to maintain some of my other Fedora packages, feel free to do so, but please add me as a co-maintainer.
I have translated the Release Notes for Fedora 7 and 8 into Finnish. I plan to keep doing the translations for upcoming releases as well. Any help is greatly appreciated :) If I have the time, I may also update the translations for already released versions.
My COSS Summercode Finland 2007 Project
Please see SummerOfCode/2007/VillePekkaVainio