My Name is Dr. Gordon Dunlop and I am an academic, scientist and a Unix/Linux user. My Ph.D. is in Environmental Physiology/Genetics with my thesis being entitled "Linking Germination Traits of Oilseed Rape (Brassica napus L.) to DNA Markers" (University of Abertay Dundee, 2000) U.K. Ph.D. Verification - enter name. I also have a MSc. Information Technology degree (University of Abertay Dundee, 2007) where my master's dissertation was entitled "Evaluating the Performance and Potential of Para- and Paene- Virtualisation Technologies in a Linux Beowulf Cluster".
I have been a Unix/Linux user for many years, still learning and trying to put back into the community at large. I use Fedora through personal choice as I believe it is the cutting edge of Linux distributions and I feel comfortable with it.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LUG-Email: email@example.com
- Fedora Account: Zubenel
- We meet at The University of Abertay Dundee fortnightly as the Abertay Linux Society to promote Linux and free and open source software within the Tayside region of Scotland as an alternative to proprietary software.
- We had a very successful Software Freedom Day 2008. Following on from Software Freedom Day 2008 & 2009, this year we hope to continue the promotion of FOSS with Software Freedom Day 2010.
- The most fascinating Fedora projects that is important to the Free Software world are POSSE project and TOS (Teaching Open Source) project.
- To promote Free and Open Software within Tayside, Scotland and the United Kingdom and to lobby government bodies that it should be adopted and implemented within the educational infrastructure.
- To promote Fedora/CentOS/Scientific Linux/Redhat as a Desktop/Server/Enterprise solution to proprietary software.
- To cultivate and promote the Linux Infrastructure within my country of Scotland.
- To get actively involved in the POSSE project so that the aims,ideals and exchange of ideas can be used in the implementation of free software use within the educational infrastructure of Scotland.