(→GnuCash: deleted double sentence.)
|Line 68:||Line 68:|
== KMyMoney ==
== KMyMoney ==
[[Image:Docs_Drafts_DesktopUserGuide_Financial_kmymoney-icon.png]] '''KMyMoney''' full double-entry accounting software package, for personal small-business use.
Revision as of 20:06, 24 February 2009
Fedora offers software from the GNOME and KDE environments to manage your finances. GnuCash is the financial software recommended for users with the GNOME desktop environment, and KMyMoney is recommended financial software for the KDE environment. Although each financial software application is recommended for a specific desktop environment, remember both will work on any Fedora desktop environment. Both applications can be used for personal and business, and be configured for online banking.
GnuCash and KMyMoney are not installed by default from the Live-CD or the DVD. If you do not have access to the Internet, you can install them with the Fedora DVD. To install either, or both packages, read the chapter on managing software. You can install them by either using the PackageKit application or on the command line by using Yum.
- Launch GnuCash by clicking Applications > Office > Gnucash Finance Management.
- Push the [Close] button to close the Tip of the Day window.
- From the Welcome Window select which wizard you want to open and click the [OK] button.
- If you select Create a new set of accounts select the [Forward] button on the Setup Account Hierarchy window.
- Choose your curency and click the [Forward] button.
- Select all of the boxes next to the accounts you want to create in the Categories window, then push the [Forward] button.
- Follow the directions in the Setup new accounts window, then click [Forward].
- Push the [Apply] button to finish your account setup.
- If you choose to import a Qif file, select the box then press the [Forward] button.
- Select your QIF file to load. Click the [Forward] button. Now you have the option to load more QIF files for additional accounts. Select the[Forward] button.
- Pressing the [Forward] button guides you through Matching QIF accounts with GnuCash account, Matching QIF categories with GnuCash accounts, and currency selection.
- Click the [Apply] button to import your data, or the [Back] button to review your matchings.
- Open GnuCash by selecting Applications > Office > GnuCash on the top menu panel.
- The Accounts tab opens. The top menu bar allows you to manipulate your accounts. You can:
- Edit, delete and create new accounts.
- Set Preferences.
- Schedule transactions.
- Do transfers.
- Reconcile an account.
- Stock splits.
- Add customers, vendors, and employees for a business.
- Set reminders.
- Generate reports.
- Setup online banking.
- Edit prices of inventory.
- Access the general ledger.
- Double click on an account to bring up a check book type register for that account. The top menu bar changes to allow manipulation of transactions. This menu includes the options above, plus you can:
- Change the view of the ledger from basic ledger to auto-split ledger, transaction journal, or double entry.
- Cut, copy, paste, duplicate, delete, void, and enter transactions.
- Set billing terms for customers.
- Create bill, invoices, vouchers.
Setup Online Banking
Online banking setup can be accessed from the Accounts window or the Register. On the top menu bar select Tools > Online Banking Setup. The Initial Online Banking Setup window lists what you need to complete the setup.
- Click the [Forward] button.
- Select the [Start AqBanking Wizard] in the Start Online Banking Wizard window.
- The Configuration window Intro provides a summary of what you can do.
- Type in the information required in the [Users], [Accounts], and [Backends] tabs on the top of the window.
- Select OFX-Direct Backend if you are not sure which one to use.
- You may need to call your bank to get their server URL. If you chose the OFX-Direct backend it is likely their URL is https:\\ofx.yourbank.com\.
- Return to the Start Online Banking Wizard and click the [Forward] button.
- Check the boxe(s) under the New? column to match the bank accounts with your GnuCash accounts.
- Press the [Forward] button.
- Now select the [Apply] button to finish.
- To download your bank transactions select the Accounts or Register tab then: Actions > Online Actions > Get Transactions or > Get Balance and fill in the information asked for to complete the operation.
|Previous Page - Office Tools||Table of Contents||Next Page - Playing Multimedia (Music, Video)|