See sample stories at User:Asamaras/Fedora_Success_stories.
- also OO project management and Database are cool
- tour of Fedora by a 4/5/6/7 year old
- using fedora as a home media server, keeping your music library or whatever there
- kids at home playing internet-based games...
- maybe someone putting together a cheap workstation for their kids etc.
- fedora for designers (tablet meme!)
- fedora for audio geeks (we have an audio/music list, podcasting, etc)
- using fedora to read my emailz with xyz
- using PIM
- also doing some thing based on the special fedora packages .. the robotics or whatever
- ooh, yeah - the Mini SIG, the Moblin spin!
- Olinux - college sysadmin created custom version of Fedora for dual-booting all engineering student laptops (both an IT story and a student-user/new-user story)
- the Fedora Insight deployment is a Fedora user story, imo - being able to package stuff up, work with the community to deploy it, etc. is the *only* thing that's going to make FI possible to deploy and maintain
- using fedora to run a phpbb server
- mail server
- I think the "ianweller teaches professors at POSSE how to make packages" is a good one both in terms of "cool story" and "zomg this is hard for smart new contributors plz can haz make easier"
- how FWN works
- sdziallas's story of getting involved with the edu sig - maybe a few stories here, incl. making SoaS based on Fedora
- "I found this bug and I reported it and look it got fixed" (qa/dev story)
- "I packaged foobar in Fedora and suddenly my foobar program had a lot more users"
- i found a bug and made a patch, also
- I think bug-reporting needs at least 2 stories - one from someone who is a dev who could fix it, one from someone who isn't a developer
- "how the 1-page release notes were made" (this can more or less copy-paste Mo's blog post, methinks)
- for that matter, "how the website was redesigned"
- something docs related?
- and translations
- maybe the story of a translation sprint
- or a "wow, this is the first time I've used an operating system in my native language" story
- the "how transifex got started" story is also a really good one
- Luke Macken on "how we made moksha" might also be a winner
- even the PackageKit story from last week might be good "here's how we deal with issues"