Videos/FedoraVideos Contest Intro/Outro
To submit your video, upload it to a publicly accessible location and e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The video should ideally be between five and thirty seconds. Obviously, the content needs to be appropriate for public use.
The date for submissions is starting on Sept 5, 2012 and will be closed on Oct 5, 2012. Your e-mail should contain:
- The link to your video
- The license your video is under (read on for more information on licensing)
- Your FAS (Fedora Account System ID): This is mandatory. Please sign up. It hardly takes a minute.
- If you have a wiki user page, please send us the link too.
NOTE: In order to help us find your video quickly in our stuffed mail boxes, please use the subject "Fedora Videos Contest" for your e-mail. Also, there are no limits to the number of entries per person. So, if you have multiple ideas, send them all in!
Be as creative as you can!
Fedora videos contest time line
Contest Start Time:5th September 2012 Contest End Time(Deadline):5th October 2012
Judging and results
The judging criteria will be along the following numbers:
- 75% - Originality and creativity
- 25% - Production value:
- Is the sound clearly audible?
- Is the image clear, crisp, visible?
- etc.! Use your common sense! ;)
We'll get in all the entries, crunch them up and announce the winner before sending out the prize!
The following Fedora contributors will judge your work. No bribing please! ;)
Rules and points to note in detail
- Due to legal restrictions, people residing in the following countries cannot take part in the contest: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria.
- You must be more than thirteen years of age.
- We'll use Fedex or UPS to send you the prize. So, You must be able to accept shipments from these services.
- You must create a Fedora Account and agree to the terms of the FPCA (in the FAS)
- Please submit original content: The content must not not infringe on any third party rights. (Please read on for licensing information)
- Since the template is to be used by the Fedora Videos project, by entering the contest, you grant Fedora the right to use, modify, or post the entry without further compensation.
- Your submission must either be licensed under the Fedora Content Default license (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license with Moral Rights Clause Waiver and GPL Relicensing Permission), or explicitly licensed under another acceptable Fedora Content license. Any entries received without an explicitly specified license will be used under the Fedora Content Default License. Details and a FAQ on the Fedora Content Default License can be found here: Legal:Fedora_Project_Contributor_Agreement
- A list of acceptable Fedora Content Licenses can be found here:Licensing#Content_Licenses
- By entering the contest and/or accepting a prize, you also grant permission to our sponsors and their agencies to use your names and/or likeness for purposes of advertising/trade, without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- The prize is non-transferable (We will not send it to your friend!).
- All federal, state, and local taxes are the winner's responsibility. Also, all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- You assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use/redemption of any prize.
- You agree to be bound by the judges' decision. The winner's names will be made available after 05/15/12.
- Video quality (minimum suggested): SD
- Intro size (minimum suggested): 1600x1200
- Outro size (minimum suggested): 1600x1200
- Frame rate (minimum suggested): 24fps
- Video format: ogg
- Music format: ogv
- Video length: between 10 and 30 seconds (It's only an intro/outro)
A Fedora T-shirt!
- To be declared!