- 1 VoIP Special Interest Group
VoIP Special Interest Group
To package as many Voice over IP applications as possible for Fedora. To that end, members of this SIG will assist in packaging VoIP applications and make reviewing VoIP-related packages our priority.
Want to suggest a VoIP application or library? Just add it to the Applications/Libraries of Interest list. Working on packaging a VoIP application or library, or need a review for your VoIP-related package? Just add it to the Applications/Libraries Being Packaged list. Interested in joining the SIG? Just add your WikiName to the list.
Applications/Libraries of Interest
- CDRTool - A set of utilities for working with call detail records
- Druid - an open source web-based unified communications platform (based on Asterisk)
- gnugk - H.323 gatekeeper
- This may require importing OpenH323 from the old Fedora package into Fedora Package Collection because Fedora dropped OpenH323 once GnomeMeeting/Ekiga switched to Opal.
- Mediaproxy - far-end NAT traversal solution for SER/OpenSER
- minisip - SIP softphone
- OpenSBC - hybrid SIP proxy and B2BUA
- OpenSIPStack - implementation of the Session Initiation Protocol
- OpenXCAP - open source, easy extensible, fully featured XCAP server with TLS security and support for multiple realms.
- Yate - Yet Another Telephony Engine
- Yxa - transaction stateful SIP stack and a set of SIP server applications
Applications/Libraries already packaged
- Open Source PBX
(former OpenPBX) - GPL-only fork of Asterisk.
- Implementation of Inter-Asterisk eXchange protocol
- Library for creating telephony solutions that interoperate with Asterisk
- Jabber and VoIP client (fork of well-known Psi)
- C++ RTP library
- SS7 protocol services to applications
- A Nagios plugin to check SIP servers and devices
- Fork of well-known
SIP Server with interesting new features
- RTP proxy server
- an extensible SIP media server
- SIP Express Router
- test tool and traffic generator for the SIP protocol
- SIP swiss army knife
- Tiny IPv4 and IPv6 SIP redirect server written in Perl
- Sofia SIP UA Library
- implements the stun protocol
- SIP softphone
Packages for review
- HylaFAX - is a enterprise-strength fax server supporting Class 1 and 2 fax modems on UNIX systems.
MySTUN - STUN server
- Initial attempt to package it was made, but review request was closed due to lack of activity
- Sippy - B2BUA SIP call controlling component
Orphaned Packages Needing Maintainers
- None, currently
- zaptel-kmod - kernel modules not allowed
- Legal status of iLBC prevents it from inclusion into Fedora, so you should check that your application doesn't use it before submitting it to Fedora/EPEL.