This is a list of things that still need to be fixed on the redesigned www.fpo. Feel free to edit it and add stuff!
- translation globe icon is chopped off
- lang code => real lang name
- need better distinction between 'contributors' and real nav items
- Slideshow is too fast, needs to be tund down
- Slideshow font size needs to be tuned down (locale ca)
- Edit the slideshow to span the entire width of the page
- Edit the slide buttons
- The page doesn't work with Epiphany. Rendering is totally broken and eventually the browser crashes. (epiphany.x86_64 1:2.30.6-1.fc14)
- Í have not tested if it is broken with all WebKit based browsers
- On IE 8:
- The slideshow text is not fading with images. It flashes first then image fades in
- During website load, the black box "Worldwide Community of Friends..." flashes up on screen for a few seconds.
- proper navbar style needs to be made into CSS (What does this mean? -Schendje)
footer links need to be CSS-ified--Schendje 00:35, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
- The icons aren't placed next to the text (as on Using Fedora) but above it
- Sound editor icons is missing (images/features/icons/app_soundrecorder.png)
Back to top button at the wrong location (top). Do we still need them? If yes, they should go at the bottom, (anyone showing int the Overview tab)I think it would be necessary, especially for non-js browsers --Sijis 04:24, 18 October 2010 (UTC)
- Gwibber Tweets & Dents "learn more"-link is right next to "Overview"-link which makes it a bit hard to recognize
- Audacity has a wrong icon (Inkscape)
- The "Get Fedora" section's bright green color is not pleasing to eyes (at least mine!)
- In the "Feature overview" section the "Our Apps", "Learn How" div is laying over the text. [Firefox 3.5.12 under 1360x768]
"FEDORA 14 DESKTOP EDITION" fields needs some padding on the left (I think it looks good as is --Sijis 04:28, 18 October 2010 (UTC))
- Where are the pandas from the mockup? (the download splash has speech bubbles, but no pandas!)
Header links for the Twitter div aren't bold anymore - was this on purpose?--Sijis 04:27, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
Join images aren't centered horizontally--Schendje 00:04, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
"Latest Announcements" uses full text, so quotes the entire FWN, making the page really long(fixed by stickster)
Lowest Back to top button is out of place + too big--Sijis 00:17, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
Needs some space between "More tutorials" section and "YOUR LIFE ON FEDORA"--Schendje 00:04, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
Some header strings (eg. "Tutorials, tips & tricks to make your Fedora experience awesome!") including those facts in the side of the header (in the tutorials, in the interviews and in the main Using Fedora page) aren't in the POT file, so they can't be translated.--Sijis 00:30, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
The 1 / 2 / 3 icons' colour looks a little off--Schendje 18:30, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
The "1" isn't centered--Schendje 18:51, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
The RH logo doesn't look like it's centered vertically with the text--Sijis 04:25, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
Headers should be switched (size-wise)--Schendje 18:52, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
Still needs funny joke/picture :D--Schendje 00:04, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
Things that break with in other languages
IMPORTANT: When noting a bug in this section, would you please also cite the language it happens with? Not all bugs happen across all langs. Thanks.
- There are many visual problems with RTL (Right To Left) languages Patches that fix the RTL problems has been sent to the Fedora Website Team mailing list Elad 13:42, 18 October 2010 (UTC)
Fedora highlights has displays as multicolumn, but only one filled
In the header, the Fedora logo is at the middle
The header is one big mess
The text is not starting from the right (add direction:rtl, it will fix most RTL problems)
- In the download splash, one of the speech bubbles is under the others.
- In the tutorials and interviews in using fedora, the secondary header (with the title of the page, "Using Fedora") isn't full width as in the English version of the website.
- "-- search filler --" divs have to move. This wil correct the "Red Hat community Project" wrong margin
- The slideshow right padding (margin?) is to high with Firefox4 (looks great under Chromium)
- The slideshow numbers are on the left using Chromium but looks great under Firefox4
main nav bar needs to be tuned down - idea - move 'contributors' out of 960 grid
main nav bar needs exception for es...
overview box height needs to be tuned up on features page
about/help big center grey box nav bars need to expand automagically (seefi)
fi / logo byline takes up two lines
es / logo byline takes up two lines
- he (Hebrew) the OK button (אישור) is under and not beside the languages list (caused because אישור is a bit longer than OK) -Patch that fixes this problem has been sent to the Fedora Website Team mailing list
Edit gradients to be more visible / edit colours--Schendje 00:04, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
- Broken links does not exist.
- Features & Screen-shots > Creativity Features the 'Learn more' links for 'Agave Color Palette Chooser','Scribus','Simple Scan'
- Features & Screen-shots > Office & Productivity the 'Learn more' links for 'GScan2PDF Text Recognition', 'Vym Mind-Mapper'
- Navigation Links and alikes in the bottom of the page navigates to the page but lands at the bottom of the page, else it should be at the top.