The Fedora Xfce Spin is focused on providing a complete, well integrated Xfce desktop.
- Name: Kevin Fenzi
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fedora Xfce spin showcases the Xfce desktop, which aims to be fast and lightweight, while still being visually appealing and user friendly.
Xfce is a full fledged desktop using the freedesktop.org standard.
Benefit to Fedora
The Xfce Spin is of great value to users on older/slower machines as well as a number of folks that just prefer it to alternatives. It also works well as a base for users who wish a even lighter desktop setup.
ISO Name / FS Label
ISO name: Fedora-$release-$arch-Live-Xfce FS-Label: Fedora-$release-$arch-Xfce
Xfce is already in Fedora, as are all the shipped plugins and applications.
Scope / Testing
- Spin should boot to gdm and allow Xfce4 as the session.
- Automatic login should occur and leave a user at the base Xfce desktop
- Basic Desktop functions should be tested: Launching applications from menu, changing background, switching desktops.
- Basic adding plugins to the panel should be tested with the included plugins via alt right click on the panel.
- nm-applet should be available in the default panel and function as per it's tests
- The default Xfce launchers on the bottom panel should all work and launch their indicated applications.
- On idle, gnome-screensaver should launch and lock the screen.
- On logout, Xfce should ask to save your session and do so if indicated.
Comments and Discussion
- See Talk:XFCE_Spin